- Moist detergent
- Blocked dispenser door
- Detergent not dispensed from Cove Dishwasher
- Dispenser compartment not releasing dish soap
- Streaking down the door
- Renmants left in the dispenser
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Only put detergent in the dispenser when the dishwasher is ready to run.
- Otherwise, it may become moist and clumpy.
- For a delay program, make sure the dispenser is dry before the detergent is put in.
- Make sure detergent is not used for a Rinse or Rinse/Hold program. The dispenser only opens during wash cycles, not rinse programs.
- Confirm that the dispenser door is not blocked.
- Make sure that pot handles etc. are not extended outside the lower rack edge.
- Verify the upper rack is not up against the dispenser door.
- Verify the unit is level.
- Do not use the china guard (the small tine running along the bottom of the rack from left to right) to pull the rack out.
- Check the frame of the upper rack to make sure it is not bent. This may cause the rack to keep the detergent drawer from opening all the way. Remove and install the upper rack to verify proper positioning.
- Verify the middle rack is installed. If the middle rack is not installed, water flow may be insufficient for dissolving the detergent.
- Confirm the inside of the dispenser and hands are dry when inserting a detergent pod. Moisture can cause the pod to stick to the dispenser.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further customer troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820