- Spray arms not rotating or clogged
- Old, too much or too little dishwasher detergent
- Lack of rinse aid
- Wrong wash program selected
- Dishwasher not loaded properly
- Clogged filters or drain
- Diverter not working
- Dishes are not clean after running the dishwasher
- Only the dishes in the bottom rack are clean, upper rack still dirty
- Dishes not clean in the upper rack
- How to fix dishwasher that is not cleaning dishes
- Gritty or sandy residue on dishes after wash program complete
- Do dishes need to be rinsed before putting them in the dishwasher?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Check to make sure the dishes are clean of large, caked-on food particles before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Verify water is entering the dishwasher and water to the unit is turned on.
- Use only fresh, unscented, granular automatic dishwashing detergent.
- Make sure to fill the rinse aid compartment.
- Use a heavier program better suited for the load when needed.
- Heavier programs are longer and use higher temperatures for dirtier loads.
- See Cove Dishwasher Wash Cycles.
- Verify proper dishwasher loading.
- Do not cover dishes with large bowls or other containers.
- Do not place tall glassware in the corners of the baskets.
- Make sure dishes do not block the spray arms.
- Verify nothing is blocking the detergent dispenser door.
- Verify the filters are clean and secured properly and the drain is clear.
- Improperly placed filters can also lead to spray arms clogging.
- See Cove Dishwasher Clean Filter.
- Clean the dishwasher if it has not been done recently. See How to Clean a Dishwasher.
- Check the inlet hose for kinks or sharp bends.
- Verify the dishwasher is level in the installation.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820