- Do Dual Fuel (DF) ovens have Proof mode?
- Elements used to heat the oven in Proof mode
- How close can the pan be to the wall of the oven when proofing
- Preheat oven when using Proof
Steps to Verify Issue:
To set Proof mode for 30" and 36" ovens:
- Rotate selector bezel to BAKE.
- Turn oven control knob left until ‘PrF’ is displayed, then release.
- Oven temperature is preset to 85°F (30°C). Touch ENTER to select preset temperature or turn control knob to change temperature. Display alternates between set temperature and ‘PrF.’
To set Proof mode for 18" ovens with PROOF on the selector bezel:
- Rotate selector bezel to PROOF.
- Rotate the selector bezel to set the desired temperature.
- No need to preheat for Proof mode.
- The temperature range is 85°F to 170°F in Proof mode.
- Limit frequent door openings to prevent losing heat and lengthening proofing time.
- Proof bread until dough has doubled in size. The time it takes for the dough to double in volume varies from recipe to recipe. Consult the recipe for guidelines.
- For best results, place a shallow pan with 1 to 3 cups (.2-.7 L) of hot water on rack position 1 to keep the air moist inside the oven cavity.
- Dual Fuel Range 30" and 36" ovens have Proof. Some 18" ovens have Proof mode if PROOF appears as an option on the oven rotating mode bezel.
- If the oven is too hot, the oven door should be opened to allow the oven to cool down below 120°F (50°C) to prevent destroying the yeast.
- Allow at least 1" between edge of pan and walls of oven.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820