- Framed door handle is loose or has pulled off of the door
- How do you tighten or remove the handle on a framed door panel?
- Is a service technician needed to tighten a door handle?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Framed panels are removed in the same fashion as an overlay panel; however, a full-length handle is used rather than the handle-side trim.
- At a minimum, a flat tip (standard), Phillips head, or torx bit screwdriver will be needed.
- Use a small amount of blue Loctite to reduce the possibility of the handle vibrating loose in the future.
- Refer to the product installation guide for further installation information.
- Remove the handle door trim and molding
200 Series Undercounter Units:
- Remove door handle. Handle is located on the top of the 245 model and on the side on other models. Handle is held on with Phillips head screws.
- With panel in position, replace handle. Replace and tighten all screws. Do not over-tighten and "strip" screws.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820