- How does the broiler work?
- What kind of heat is the broiler in a Gas Range?
- Does the Gas Range have an infrared broiler?
- Can the temperature range of the broiler be adjusted?
- Should the fan run while in Broil Mode?
- Should the door be open or closed when using Broil Mode on a GR or R series Gas Range?
Wolf Gas Ranges use a gas-powered infrared burner to provide the maximum broiling temperatures over a large broiling surface area.
- The broiler element is in the ceiling of the Gas Range. The element looks like a bright red H when lit and contains metal squares that act as radiant plates to evenly distribute heat.
- A low, blue flame may also be visible in the broiler area.
- The heat setting is not adjustable and reaches temperatures above 550°F.
- The broiler cannot be used at the same time as the oven burner. Surface burners can be used while broiling.
- Gas Range Broil Mode disables the cooling and convection fans.
- Keep the oven door closed when broiling for best results.
- There is no broil element in the small oven of 48" ranges.
- Place the rack in the appropriate position.
- Rack position will vary by recipe. Always follow recipe directions.
- Turn control knob counterclockwise to BROIL.
- Preheat is not needed for most foods.
- Some food, such as steak, may benefit from preheating the broil for a few minutes.
- Always use the two-piece broiler pan supplied with the range and broil with oven door closed.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820