- Griddle was lifted out of place and insulating strip around the bottom edge tore
- Does the insulation need to be replaced if it is torn from pulling griddle up for cleaning?
- Is the griddle safe to use without replacing the insulation if griddle was removed?
The griddle is safe to use on a Wolf product if the insulation under the griddle is torn. However, the foam strip should be replaced.
- The white, thin, foam insulating strip creates a seal around the perimeter of the griddle to regulate temperature and prevent airflow issues.
- Do not remove the white foam insulating strips from under the griddle.
- On models with the long thermostat bulb on a bracket over the middle of the burner, there will also be a strip of insulation under the bulb.
- The white foam may become discolored from high heat or grease, this is considered normal.
- It is possible to replace the foam, but not necessary unless it is damaged.
Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820