- Steps to clean UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker
- Clean UC-15I ice maker
- Sanitize Undercounter Ice Maker model UC-15I
Clean and sanitize surfaces that come in contact with the water system every six months.
Note: The door may be left open during the cleaning cycle if desired but water and cleaner may splash out if left open.
To Clean the Ice Maker
- Once started, it is not possible to cancel the clean cycle. The only way to clear the system of cleaner or sanitizer is to allow the clean cycle to finish.
- The full cleaning and sanitizing cycle lasts over an hour. Plan to be present for the beginning and end of the cycle, as well as at the halfway point.
- Use only ice maker cleaner and sanitizer specific to the unit. For purchasing and other information, see also, UC-15I and 315I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Solution and Sanitizer.
- If the UC-15I loses power during the clean cycle, run a new clean cycle without adding any cleaner or sanitizer.
- It may be necessary to run a second clean cycle if power was lost early in the cycle.
1. Run a cleaning cycle.
- To begin the cleaning cycle, press Clean as shown above. The ice maker initiates a two-minute harvest to remove remaining ice from the evaporator.
- Remove all ice from the bin.
- Measure 4 ounces (115 ml) of undiluted ice maker cleaner into a small cup.
- It is not necessary to use more than 4 ounces of cleaner.
- Three minutes later, the Clean light flashes. Lift the water shutters and pour ice maker cleaner directly into the spray area. Refer to the images below.
- Use a small cup or a turkey baster to easily pour the cleaner behind the shutters.
- A ten-minute cleaning cycle begins, followed by eight rinse cycles. The cleaning cycle stops after about 30 minutes.
- The Clean light will turn off to indicate the cleaning cycle is complete.
2. Run a sanitizing cycle.
- After completing the cleaning cycle, to begin the sanitizing cycle, press the Clean button again.
- Measure 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of undiluted ice maker sanitizer into a small cup.
- Three minutes later, the Clean light flashes. Lift the water shutters and pour ice maker sanitizer directly into the spray area. Refer to the images below.
- A ten-minute sanitizing cycle begins, followed by eight rinse cycles. The sanitizing cycle stops after about 30 minutes.
- The Clean light will turn off to indicate the sanitizing cycle is complete.
- The ice maker continues from the previous point before the cleaning cycle started. If it was in the ice making cycle, it starts ice making again. If it was in an off cycle, it turns off.
- If the full bottle of sanitizer is put into the unit, the first three batches of ice will need to be thrown out.
3. Sanitize the ice bin.
- Sanitize the ice storage bin using a spray bottle with a solution of 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sanitizer to 1 gallon (3.8 L) water and spray all interior surfaces.
- Do not rinse. Allow it to air dry.
Water shutters lifted:
- Pour cleaner directly into the area behind the shutters, cleaner will drain into the system for circulation.
- Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Tips
- Undercounter Ice Maker Troubleshooting
- UC-15I and 315I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Solution and Sanitizer
- UC-15I(P) First Time Start Up Procedure
- UC-15I and 315I Ice Maker Scoop
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820