- Why are the ice cubes clumping together in the ice bucket?
- Why does ice have to be manually broken up?
- Why does the ice bucket have to be shook to break up the ice?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Verify freezer temperature.
- If temperature is above 5°F, ice maker will not function properly.
- Sub-Zero recommends a freezer temperature of 0°F.
- Clean the Condenser if it has not been cleaned within the last 3-6 months.
- Ensure the ice bucket is installed properly.
- Verify doors and door seals are free of tears and debris.
- Ensure the ice maker is always left on.
- The more ice is used, the less it will clump – if unused, even for a period of a few days, ice will fuse together as the freezer runs through defrost cycles.
- Empty, rinse and dry the ice bucket 1-2 times per month in order to remove the ice particles.
- Ensure water filter is replaced as required.
- Verify water pressure to unit is steady between 20 – 100 psi.
For additional information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820