- Freezer door left ajar
- Freezer drain tube frozen
- Torn gasket
- Ice maker not filling properly
- Ice on fan cover or back wall of the freezer
- Frost on evaporator fan housing, moisture in freezer
- Freezer shelves, drawers, baskets, or bins have condensation or fog or are freezing over
- Temperature spike, temperature issue, excessive runtime
- 40-1-40 or 40 1 40 on display
- Designer (formerly Integrated) IC thermistor placement
Steps to Verify Issue:
For any frost or ice buildup in a Sub-Zero freezer:
- Verify the door was not left ajar for a period of time.
- Correct or remove anything blocking the door from closing.
- Some condensation inside a unit or on the shelving or drawers is normal if the door is opened or left open for a period of time. See Excessive Moisture or Condensation for details.
- Inspect door gasket for tears, rips, or dry rot. Replace if necessary.
- Check setpoint temperatures for the compartment.
- On an electronic control panel, recommended freezer temperature is 0°F.
- See also, Measuring Temperatures in a Refrigerator or Freezer.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820