- Can an IW Series Wine Storage unit be connected to a home security system?
- Connecting the IW temperature alarm to the home alarm system
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) IW Series home security connection installation instructions
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Two connectors are located behind the top trim.
- Provide 10' (3 m) minimum lead wires for each connector, exiting the back wall near the electrical receptacle.
- Remove the top trim by disengaging the trim from the hinge side of the unit.
- Rotate the trim and remove the trim pin from the handle side vertical support.
- Use spade terminals or wire nuts to make proper wiring connections. Refer to the following color codes:
- Normally open contacts - white with red stripe wire.
- Common - gray with white stripe wire.
- Any unused terminals should be completely insulated and all wires should be secured away from conductive or moving parts.
The temperature alarm will sound if the cabinet is 10°F warmer or 5° below the user setpoint for a noticeable amount of time.
Refer to the product installation guide for further installation information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820