- Install make-up air damper
- Instruction sheet part number 821152
- Installation instructions for part number 820071
- Accessory dampers part numbers 821147, 821148
- Using multiple dampers or fresh air vents
- Can the make-up air damper be used with an inline blower?
- Are replacement parts available?
Make-Up Air Damper Installation Instructions detail the installation process.
- Damper kit components are listed on page 2 of the installation instructions.
- The Wolf automatic make-up air damper provides a pathway for fresh air to enter a home from outdoors when a compatible exhaust device is operating.
- The make-up air damper can be used with any Wolf Ventilation product.
- The damper is not required if using a recirculating kit.
- The damper is controlled by a pressure switch and independently powered.
- It can work with any blower or vent system, including in-line blowers.
- It is connected to 120V supply, and the transformer installed reduces the power supplied to 24V.
- The damper opens when a range hood is operating. Creating a known, controlled point for fresh air to enter the home while air is being exhausted from the building by the range hood.
- When in use, gravity and the exhausted air force the damper open and closed.
- Consult with an HVAC professional for common make-up air return locations.
- Dampers provide two key benefits for the home:
- Facilitates air exchange between indoors and outdoors, by drawing fresh air into the home to replace exhausted air.
- Helps avoid negative pressure conditions within the home, which may interfere with the proper operation of combustion equipment within the home by drawing in the fresh air.
- If more than one damper is required to balance a system, 8" or 10" accessory dampers may be purchased.
- 8" damper, part number 821147
- 10" damper, part number 821148. Note that the 10" damper is not motorized.
- In a multiple damper application, use one pressure switch and transformer.
- The factors that determine how much make-up air is needed for a certain blower, and measurements of air through ductwork vary.
- Consult with an HVAC professional and local building codes to determine make-up air requirements or CFM factors.
- Wolf does not recommend any type of make-up air heater. The make-up air damper will not start the furnace or air conditioner unit when it opens. Consult an HVAC contractor for more information on this type of product.
- A Wolf Ventilation system can be paired with another manufacturer's make-up air system as long as installation specifications are met.
- Consult with the manufacturer of the make-up air product for their specific ventilation recommendations.
- Make-up air systems are independently powered and are not connected to the hood.
- For further ventilation information, refer to the Wolf Ventilation Guide.
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820