- Oil is leaking from the compressor or the evaporator.
- Is it normal to feel oil when touching the evaporator or compressor?
- There is a puddle of oil near the compressor area.
- There is oil dripping from the grille screws.
- Oil or sticky substance leaking from freezer section or door gasket
Steps to Verify Issue:
It is possible to feel or see a small amount of oil on the compressor or the evaporator of a Sub-Zero. Oils are part of the manufacturing process and do not signify an issue with the unit.
- Grease in condenser area can be wiped up using soap and water.
- Grease or oil in the light diffuser area may be from fan motor or other components, or may be manufacturing oil.
- Wipe up, and contact service if it returns.
If oil amount seems excessive: oil is puddling near the compressor, oil is collecting in the drain trough or drain pan, or if visible oil is leaking or dripping from any other location, no troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820