- Oven was not preheated
- Heating element or fan issue with oven
- Oven temperature on a thermometer is different than setpoint
- Oven display temperature not the same as the temperature measured with a temperature gauge
- Oven temperature too hot or too high, not hot enough, or too low
- Acceptable oven temperature difference
- When the oven cycles on and off to maintain temperature, will the temperature on the control fluctuate?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Oven temperatures vary during use for all residential ovens.
- Ovens heat higher than the oven temperature set temperature and then turn off.
- Once the oven cools enough below the set temperature, the oven thermostat or temperature sensors turn the oven on. The oven then heats up higher than the setpoint again. The longer the oven is on and heating, the more steady the internal temperature becomes.
- It is normal for oven temperature to fluctuate during use. The oven cycles to maintain the set temperature. The displayed oven temperature does not show these fluctuations.
- Temperature as measured with a thermometer or other device is never exactly the same as the setpoint on the oven. The oven sensors read temperature averages from several locations over time.
- Temperature may vary widely depending on when the temperature is measured, how it is measured, when the door was opened last, and many other variables.
If these tips do not resolve the problem, check these steps:
- It is key to optimal cooking performance to preheat the oven for every mode other than broil.
- If available, use the temperature probe to get more consistent cooking results.
- If any of the following happen, a service call is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product:
- Oven is not getting hot enough even though oven is set to the right temperature.
- Preheat is showing completed but oven is still not hot.
- Foods are not cooked, or take a significantly long time to cook versus the recipe time or past experience.
- Food is unevenly cooked after following manufacturer and recipe instructions.
- Turning the heat up does not show any improvement to cook time or oven performance.
- See also, R or GR Gas Oven Temperature Is Off.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820