- Something blocking the drawer or slides from opening or closing properly
- Drawer or drawer slide is broken
- The freezer drawer assembly will not open or close on model
- Something is preventing the upper freezer basket from sliding forward or back
- Freezer drawer or will not pull out or push in
- Freezer drawer is stuck
- Freezer drawer closure information
Steps to Verify Issue:
For freezer drawer not closing:
- Verify that no food items are blocking the upper basket or freezer drawer from closing.
- Make sure the custom panel is aligned properly on integrated and overlay models.
- Verify that the ice maker control/sensing arm is not in the lower position, preventing the upper basket from sliding back.
- Gently lift the control arm back to the up position.
- Make sure that the control arm lowers back into the ice bin as the upper freezer basket is slide back.
- Verify that no ice is frozen over the drawer slides. Remove or defrost ice if necessary.
- Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- Remove the freezer basket(s), refer to:
- Install the freezer basket(s), verify proper operation.
For freezer drawer not opening:
- If a known food obstruction is blocking the drawer from opening, open the drawer as far as possible and gently rock it from side to side to try and free the obstruction.
- Make sure custom panel is aligned properly on integrated and overlay models.
- For ice buildup preventing the drawer from opening, turn the unit off turn the dial control down past 1 to off
- For units with two dials, only the freezer dial needs to be turned off.
- To manually disable the freezer section in units with electronic display panels, see:
- Classic Manual Compartment Disable
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) Manual Compartment Disable Mode
- 700 Series Manual Zone Disable Mode
- PRO 48 Manual Zone Disable
- 600 Series Disable Single Section Prior to Serial Number 1810000
- 600 Series Disable Singe Section Starting with Serial Number 1810000
- Allow the unit to sit for approximately 8 hours, or until it is at room temperature and dry.
- After a couple of hours, try opening the drawer again
- Watch for dripping water and clean up as needed
- Remove the drain pan and empty as needed
For additional information, refer to Freezer Frost or Ice Build Up.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820