- Refrigerator or freezer lights do not work
- Lights will not turn on
- Light terminator shut lights off
- Lights only work if light switch is wiggled, flicked, moved
- All light bulbs replaced and the lights still do not work
- How to replace light switch, part number 7014646, 7004257, 7007259
- Function of the switch next to the light switch
- How many light switches are in the unit?
Replacing a light switch in a Sub-Zero Side by Side unit is an easy repair that does not require a service technician.
- Refer to No Lights in Refrigerator or Freezer for troubleshooting steps.
- See also, Over/Under Unit Freezer Light Switch Location.
- Designer series, Designer Wine series, Professional Refrigeration series, and Undercounter series units all require service to replace the light switch. Contact Factory Certified Service (FCS) to schedule an appointment for repair.
Tips to Replace a Light Switch
See light switch instructions by model below.
- Light switch instructions do not come with light switches when shipped.
- The switch is above the unit behind the grille on the 500 and 600 Series models.
- Tools required are a Phillips head screw driver, T-20 Torx head screw driver, and pliers.
- The outer grille frame may need to be removed for complete access to switches. See also, 500 and 600 Series Grille Removal and Installation.
- Make sure there is no power to the unit by turning off the circuit breaker.
- The switch wires may be very tight depending on the age of the unit. Firmly pulling the wires by hand should remove them from the light switch.
- If necessary, carefully pull at the base of the wire with a needle-nose pliers to remove the wire from the light switch.
For replacement light bulb information, refer to Sub-Zero Light Bulbs.
If the lights do not work after replacing the bulbs and the switch, service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
|Classic (BI) Series||7007259||Classic Series Light Switch Replacement|
|Designer Refrigeration (IT, IC, ID) Series||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|Designer Wine (IW) Series||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|Professional Refrigeration (PRO 48, PRO 36)||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|648PRO Refrigeration Series||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|UC Undercounter Series||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|700 Series Upper Cabinet and IC-27 Models||7004257||Light Switch Instructions|
|700 Series Drawers||N/A||Must be replaced by FCS|
|600 Series (excluding 601)||7014646||Light Switch Instructions and|
|500 Series (excluding 501)||7014646||Light Switch Instructions and|
|501 and 601 Models||7004257||501 and 601 Models|
See also, 501 and 601 Series Grille Removal
|424, 427 Models||7004257||Light Switch Instructions|
|200 / 300 Series||7014646|
7004257 Light Switch Instructions
*The part number is the same for both the refrigerator and freezer switches.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820