- Food spoiled due to power outage or unit malfunction
- Food spoiled in unit during extended vacation
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Make a cleaning solution of warm water, dish soap and a capful of bleach.
- Remove all shelving and clean with solution. If odors persist after cleaning, repalce shelves.
- Clean unit including drain pan, tubes, gaskets, and all crevices thoroughly using solution.
- Block the doors open and keep a fan blowing on it for a few days if possible.
- Crumple up newspapers or place a few charcoal briquettes in a container in the affected compartment.
- Replace daily to absorb more odors.
- See also, Odor Inside a Refrigerator.
- Icemaker and evaporator area cleaning require factory certified servicer.
- If odors persist after a few weeks of cleaning, the unit may not be salvageable. Contact the home owner's insurance company for resolution.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820