- Why is the door or drawer opening by itself?
- Door pops or comes open slightly on its own after closing
- Door does not close as easily as before
- Refrigerator door will not stay shut
- Door is not self closing like it used to
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If unit is a new installation, verify the unit is properly leveled and installed to specifications.
- Inspect the path of door travel for any blockage.
- Inspect placement of food items inside unit.
- Inspect the door liner, door gasket, door shelves, interior shelves, and interior drawers to verify each is in proper location, properly closed, and not broken, ripped, torn, or bulging to a point that may block door travel.
- Verify nothing prevents the hinge mechanism from closing properly.
- Inspect the door hinge mechanism for any cracks, chips, missing screws, damaged plates, or broken cams.
- Replace any broken hinge components.
- For 600 Series models, see Gallon Door Shelf information.
- 511, 550, 611, and 650 units have two plastic cams in the lower door hinge. If these cams are damaged, door operation is affected.
- Some older 500, 300, and Undercounter Series used a spring-loaded, roller-style door closer. If this is replaced and installed wrong, it will push the door open instead of pushing it closed.
- For Designer (Formerly Integrated) products in a dual installation using the handle to handle dual install kit, the trim provided with the kit must be used or it prevents the door from closing and sealing.
- See also:
- Sub-Zero Door Easy to Open
- Over-and-Under Freezer Compartment Will Not Open or Close
- Sub-Zero Door and Drawer Self Closing Operation
- Ice or Frost Build-Up in Freezer
- French Door Model Flipper Seal Does not Close Properly
- Sub-Zero Designer Door Not Sealing
- Designer Dual Installation Handle to Handle or Dual Drawer
Refer to the product installation guide for further installation information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820