- Excessive refrigerator compressor run
- Error code EC 50 and Service flashing on display
- How to reset EC50 flashing
- Panel is flashing, toggling between numbers and EC with a service light
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If EC50 and Service are flashing on the control panel and temperatures are high, it is not likely a door ajar issue. This requires service to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- If EC50 and Service flashing appear on the control panel and temperatures are near normal, first Clean the Condenser.
- After cleaning the condenser, press and hold the door ajar alarm key (bell) on the control panel for 15 seconds to clear the error code. Do not clear the error code if temperatures are not near normal or temperatures do not return to normal, or continue to rise. If a service call is required, the error code helps service verify the cause of the problem.
- For Designer (formerly Integrated) products, make sure the kickplate is not completely covered by a custom toe kick or enclosed in custom cabinetry. Even if unit has worked like this for years, it can cause issues including sealed system failure. Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for design specifications.
If the error code or Service returns or temperatures rise, or if these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820