- Why is there a gurgling noise coming from the refrigerator, freezer, or wine storage unit?
- Why is there a hissing noise coming from the Sub-Zero when the door is closed?
- A service technician suggested increasing the unit's temperature to resolve the noise
- Refrigerant noise, freon hissing, Designer (formerly Integrated) noise
Steps to Verify Issue:
A gurgling or hissing noise from a Sub-Zero can be attributed to a number of things, such as a partially plugged drain tube, water drainage during the defrost cycle, or evaporator operation. Such noises are usually considered normal operation.
- If a noise is new, gets louder over time, or does not go away, service may be needed to determine the source of the noise. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Setting the unit's temperature to a higher, warmer temperature may prevent water from freezing in the drain tube, also preventing a partially plugged drain. Sub-Zero recommends 38°F (3°C) in a refrigerator and 0°F (-18°C) in a freezer. Refer to Refrigerator and Freezer Temperature Settings for more information.
- For additional information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820