Sub-Zero Undercounter Ice Maker (315I, UC-15I) Custom Door Panels
- Can the door panel on a 315I(P) be transferred to a UC-15I(P)?
- Can a custom panel be installed on the UC-15I(P)O outdoor ice maker?
- Can the custom door panel on the 315I or UC-15I extend higher or lower than specifications?
- Can the custom door panel on the 315I(P) or UC-15I extend beyond the side specifications?
Custom Door Panel Options
- Brackets are supplied with all 315I and UC-15I models in order to attach a custom door panel.
- The handle side door panel mounting bracket is universal for both models, part # 7013413.
- An upper bracket is also needed; refer to the part numbers below for each model:
- UC-15I upper bracket - 7031742
- 315I upper bracket - 7018745
- A typical custom door panel is 3/4" thick; minimum panel thickness is 5/8".
- A panel thicker than 1-1/4" will affect the unit's door hinge clearance and will prevent the door from opening.
- The custom door panel must not exceed 15 pounds regardless of the door panel material, width, or thickness.
- A panel heavier than 15 pounds may cause increased strain and wear on the unit's hinges; preventing the door from sealing properly and affecting unit performance.
- Any performance issues resulting for a door panel that is heavier than specifications will not be covered by the product warranty.
- Although the 315I(P) overall width is 15 3/16" and the UC-15I(P) overall width is 14 3/4", the rough opening width of the 315I(P) and the UC-15I(P) are both 15 1/4". The panels sizes stay the same.
- A custom door panel can extend beyond the handle side of the unit, but not beyond the hinge side of the unit.
- A custom door panel can extend beyond the height of the unit to accommodate a higher than normal countertop or side cabinetry.
- A custom door panel cannot be smaller than specifications as the frame of the door will be exposed.
- A custom door panel must allow a 4" toe kick. It is not possible to reduce or increase the toe kick size.
- Dropping the bottom edge of a custom door panel to create a smaller than 4" toe kick could restrict airflow to the sealed system area and affect unit performance.
- A larger toe kick is not possible without placing the unit on a platform, which would increase the finished opening height.
- Performance issues resulting from restricted airflow due to improper toe kick clearance will not be covered by the product warranty.
- If a taller finished height is desired, use a platform under the unit to raise it when changing the toe kick height or overall countertop height.
- The UC-I5I(P)O outdoor ice maker can have a custom panel attached to it; however, the door panel material must be able to withstand the elements it will be exposed to.
- Custom panels from a 315I can be reused on a model UC-15I.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820