Sub-Zero Food Freezing in Crisper Drawer
- Why is food freezing in the crisper drawer of a Classic Series (BI) unit?
- Fruits or vegetables freezing in 500 or 600 crisper drawers
- Items in crisper drawer keep freezing even though refrigerator temperature has been raised higher
- At what serial number were the refrigerator drawer fans removed from the BI Series?
- At what temperature range do the refrigerator drawer fans run?
- Airflow issue
- Fan not cycling
- If error codes appear on the control panel, no further troubleshooting is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- If there is ice behind the crisper drawer, refer to Ice Behind Crisper Drawer.
- If there is ice or water forming beneath the crisper drawer, refer to Excessive Moisture in Refrigerator.
- Clean the condenser if it has not been done in the past 3-6 months. Refer to Clean the Condenser.
- Check the temperature at which the refrigerator is set.
- If the refrigerator temperature is set above 35°F, it may be causing the crisper drawer fans to run excessively.
- Adjust the refrigerator temperature to 34°F and monitor the unit performance.
- See also, Refrigerator Too Cold and Drain Tube Cleaning.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820