Install Multiple Classic (BI) Refrigeration Products in a Single Opening
- What is the opening dimension if multiple built-in units are being installed in the same cavity?
- How wide of a filler is needed if a dual installation kit is not being used?
- How can you install multiple built-in units without having a filler?
- Can you install more than 2 built-in units in the same opening?
- Does the dual installation kit add to the width of the opening?
Two Classic Refrigeration units may be installed in the same opening provided they are opposite-hinged (handle-to-handle installation).
- A dual installation kit is required for installations with 2" or less space between the units to prevent condensation build-up.
- Dual installation kits are available through an authorized Sub-Zero Dealer.
- The dual installation kit does not add any additional width to the opening dimension.
- A minimum 2" filler is required for any additional units to prevent binding (hinge-to-hinge or handle-to-hinge installation).
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820