Sub-Zero Repair Costs
- Why do sealed system repairs cost so much?
- The estimate for a sealed system repair is very high, why is that?
- How are repair costs calculated?
- How can I find the cost of parts?
- Sealed System labor rates.
- How much is a compressor for a Sub Zero refrigerator?
- Costs can vary, but are generally the same throughout a region from one Factory Certified Service Company to another.
- Parts costs can vary from the Factory Certified Servicer to the Parts Distributor, as the Servicer would absorb the shipping costs.
- Parts sold through other retailers can not be guaranteed.
- Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
Sealed System Repair Costs
- Sealed system repairs to refrigerators are very complex.
- The refrigerant is recovered
- The faulty component repaired or replaced
- The filter-drier replaced
- A vacuum pump evacuates moisture, air and/or contaminants introduced into the system when the system was opened
- The system is recharged with the correct amount of new refrigerant.
- Repair of the sealed system can take anywhere from 45 minutes up to several hours to complete, depending on the nature of the failure.
- Replacing an evaporator is generally a less time consuming repair.
- Repairing a contaminated or restricted sealed system is the most complex repair and can take many hours.
- Special tools and training are required to perform the above repairs; therefore, sealed system repairs are the most costly repair done to any refrigeration product.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820