- Why would the ventilation hood power off during use?
- Does the heat sentry cause the hood to power down during use?
Steps to Verify Issue:
The ventilation hood heat sentry activates when the exhaust temperature reaches approximately 200°F and deactivates when the exhaust temperature decreases to 186°F so the heat sentry would not cause the hood to turn off while the cooking product is in use.
If the hood turns off while the cooking product is in use:
- Ensure the unit is connected to the specified electrical power source and has not come unplugged.
- Confirm if power to both the blower and lights shut off or just one of the two.
- If both blower and lights are off, turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again then retest the unit operation.
- Refer to the product installation guide for further information.
- See also, Ventilation Hood Will Not Turn On or Off.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820