Copper or Aluminum Wire Electrical Connections
- Should copper or aluminum wire be used for electrical connections to Wolf appliances?
- What type of electrical wire is required to install a Wolf product?
- What kind of wire comes on a Wolf appliance?
Wolf appliances are equipped with copper wire. If aluminum house supply wiring is used:
- Splice the appliance copper wire to the aluminum house wiring using special connectors designed and agency certified for joining copper and aluminum.
- These will often be indiated with a "Cu/Al" label.
- Follow the connector manufacturer's recommended procedure carefully.
- Improper connection can result in a fire hazard.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820