Installation of a Microwave Above a Wolf Range, Rangetop, or Cooktop
- Can a microwave be installed above Wolf Range?
- Is it acceptable to have a microwave that has a built-in ventilation system installed above a Wolf Rangetop?
- Can a microwave be installed above CG model gas cooktops?
- Microwave above a range
Wolf does not recommend installing a microwave above a Wolf Gas Range, Dual Fuel Range, Induction Range, Gas Cooktop, Electric Cooktop, or Induction Cooktop even if the microwave has a built-in ventilation system.
- The microwave would be too close above the surface burners, which could damage the microwave.
- Most microwaves with a built-in ventilation system do not have an adequate size blower to efficiently vent a high performance Wolf product.
- Microwaves should especially not be installed above a CG Gas Cooktop due to the increased BTU output of these models.
- The display is meant to be viewed at eye level and may make unit operation difficult if installed too high. See Wolf Typical Installation Height for more information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820