Dual Fuel Range and Induction Range Convection Fan Sound
- Next Dual Fuel or Induction Range oven fan operation
- What is Dual Verti Cross convection?
- Fan noise in Dual VertiCross™ convection oven
- VertiCross convection description
- Next Dual Fuel or Induction Range oven convection fan noise
- Next Dual Fuel or Induction Range cooling fan noise
Next Dual Fuel and Induction Ranges have a different fan sound than previous models. This noise is normal.
- While conventional convection fans make an airy whirring sound, the Dual VertiCross columnar fans produce more of a high-tech hum.
- As products change and technology advances, noticeable differences, like different sounds, may occur.
To determine the source of fan noise:
- Preheat oven to 450°F in Convection Mode.
- Wait for the cooling fan to change to high speed (approximately 425°F).
- Open the oven door.
- If the noise does not stop, the noise is caused by the cooling fans.
- If the noise stops, the convection fans are the cause.
Next Dual Fuel and Induction Range Ovens provide the precise control of heat, airflow, and temperature to help ensure consistently delicious results in baking, roasting, and broiling.
- Dual VertiCrossTM convection provides the most consistent cooking results of any oven through:
- Two high-speed, columnar, vertical blower fans and reconfigured heating elements cover the entire oven base to produce uniform heat and airflow throughout the oven cavity, eliminating any cool spots as heat fully saturates entire space.
- Columns of airflow, which allow for better multi-rack cooking.
- Relocating the vertical fans to the back corners of the oven, which allows for a curved back wall of the cavity, creating more usable space within the oven.
- Fans are used in 30" and 36" oven cavities.
- Quicker preheat is achieved due to this new convection system and reconfigured bake, broil, and convection heating elements.
- Convection fans run during preheat, even if a regular non-convection bake mode is used.
- This speeds up the preheat time and provides better oven cavity heat saturation.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820