Wolf Ovens Aluminum Foil, Oven Liners, and Other Material on the Oven Floor
- Oven liners, aluminum foil, or other material on the floor or rack of a Wolf oven
- How do you prevent food droppings or food spillage from getting onto the floor of a Wolf oven?
- Plastic melted on floor of oven
- How to remove something melted onto oven floor
Do not place cookware on oven floor or use aluminum foil or other material to line the oven floor or side walls. Failure to adhere to this notice will damage the porcelain and will void your warranty.
- Cookware, aluminum foil, oven liners, or other material may be used on an oven rack to prevent food droppings or spillage with extreme caution.
- Cooking with aluminum foil is safe as long as contact with the oven cavity is avoided.
- Make sure the material in use is thoroughly secured. Material that is not properly secured may come loose and adhere to the oven's porcelain. This will damage the porcelain and will void your warranty.
- Wolf does not test oven performance with cookware, aluminum foil, oven liners, or other materials used to prevent food droppings or spillage. It is possible that such use can adversely affect unit performance or cause unit damage.
- Cookware that is placed on the bottom of the oven, such as a cookie sheet, will melt to the oven floor and cause permanent damage.
- Any material or object that falls to the floor will cause damage if left there. This includes lids, pie weights, utensils, etc.
If foil or plastic has melted to the oven floor:
Any piece of foil that is not adhered to the bottom may be removed by following these steps:
- Gently remove any lifted piece that is not attached to the oven floor.
- After that, you may turn the oven on to a warm (PROOF) setting and use a spatula to try and loosen any piece that could not be removed using the previous method.
- DO NOT use an SOS pad to scrub the foil marks. You will only be scrubbing away the porcelain.
- Self-Cleaning will not remove the foil. It will turn the oven bottom black, but does not harm the functionality.
If the above steps do not remove the remaining foil, no further steps can be done.
- If the spot is smaller than a square inch, it will not affect oven performance.
- If it is a larger spot, contact Factory Certified Service.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820