Three- or Four-Wire Connection on Wolf Appliances
- When installing a product that can use a three or four wire connection, where does the white wire go?
- Is three or four wires preferred for installation on a 240V or 208V electrical supply?
For any Wolf products that can use a three- or four-wire connection, either a three- or four-wire installation is acceptable. One is not preferred over the other.
- If using a three-wire connection, the white neutral wire is typically capped off and unused. Which ever wiring configuration is in the home (three or four wires) is suitable for connecting the unit.
- Legacy Dual Fuel terminal blocks can accommodate either three- or four-wire connections will have a "jumper" between the neutral and ground connectors.
- Leave the jumper intact if making a three-wire connection.
- Cut the jumper if making a four-wire connection.
- Failure to do so can result in electronic issues.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820