Broiling with a Convection Steam Oven
- Can a Convection Steam Oven (CSO) be used to broil food?
- How to broil with a CSO
The Convection Steam Oven (CSO) does not have a broil element, but convection steam is a super-heated steam that provides comparable instant browning results.
- When using the Convection Steam Mode, steam transfers energy to food more efficiently than hot air alone, which speeds up cooking time.
- Although browning is possible with the Convection Steam Oven, true searing or broiling is not.
- Use Convection Steam Mode to cook foods that are tender inside and roasted or crisped outside. Food maintains its own moisture.
- Press MODE to turn on or turn off steam.
- Temperature range is 85°F - 445°F.
For more information on cooking with a CSO, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820