Legacy E Series Oven Control Display Blank or Dim and Unit Works
- Legacy E Series Oven control panel is blank or dim but unit still works
- Pressing buttons on oven control panel work, but nothing is shown
- Oven can be turned on, but oven temperature, mode, or time are not being shown on panel
- Display is hard to read, blinking, dim, faded, or appears different than normal
- Words or numbers on display are not fully illuminated, or partial words and numbers shown
If the control panel is blank, or hard to read (dim), but the unit is working properly:
- Adjust the display brightness. Refer to E Series Oven Display Brightness.
- Verify the unit is not in Sabbath Mode; refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- This also applies if display is blinking.
- See also, Wolf Sabbath Mode and Star-K Information.
- Turn off the unit power at the power supply source and wait 30 seconds.
- Turn on the unit power and check the display again.
- Verify there are no brownouts or power outages in the area; if so, wait until full power is restored and try the oven again.
The control panel does not have individual light bulbs that can be changed. If the display is not working or partially working after following the steps above, service is needed.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820