Microwave Running While Empty
- Running a microwave with no food in it.
- Can a microwave be used after it was run with nothing in it?
- Will the microwave be damaged by running it while empty?
- Microwave tray breaking when in use
- Turntable tray breaks after running microwave empty.
Running a microwave while it is empty may cause damage to the unit.
- When food is in the oven, it absorbs a large fraction of the output from the microwave transmitter.
- When the oven is empty none, or almost none of the microwaves are absorbed. A large amount of energy reflects around the oven chamber resulting in large standing waves that can damage the unit.
- If the microwave works after it has been run while empty, then the unit is safe to use.
- If the unit does not function after running while empty, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820