Pro Series Ventilation Transition to Damper Change
- What Pro Series Hoods come with the new damper?
- When was the hood transition replaced by the damper? Serial number break?
- How do you know if a Pro Hood comes with a transition or a damper?
- Where is the new damper packaged inside the hood?
- Part number 820424
A transition is no longer required on Pro Series Ventilation Hoods that have the new style damper.
- Hood shipping boxes containing the updated damper have orange corner labels with bold black lettering stating, “NEW 10-INCH DAMPER.”
- The new damper service part number is 820424.
- The new damper is 2" high, with a 10" round damper on the discharge side.
- New dampers are not reverse-compatible with older hoods.
- The damper attaches with brackets.
- Brackets come with the damper and are referred to as "hold down brackets" in the installation guide.
- The damper is packaged inside the hood, similar to how the transitions were shipped with hoods.
- The new damper is supplied with the following hoods:
|Model||New Transition||Old Transition Part #|
|PLxx2212||Starting with serial # 14644731||818755|
|PWxx2418||Starting with serial # 16158239||811194|
|PWxx2718||Starting with serial # 16158239||811194|
|PWxx2210|| ||811194 or 811300,|
depending on ducting
|PI and PWC Hoods|| |
Starting with serial # 14825210
For additional information, refer to the following:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820