Sub-Zero and Wolf Announce 2015-2016 Kitchen Design Contest
Madison, WI (8/18/2016)
Biennial Contest Recognizes Excellence in Kitchen Design, Offers Winners Unique Networking Opportunities
Sub-Zero and Wolf, the industry leaders in premium refrigeration, wine preservation and cooking equipment, announce the return of the Kitchen Design Contest, recognizing premiere design professionals throughout the world for their stunning, innovative kitchen designs.
"The contest is designed to have a significant and lasting impact on participants beyond award recognition and prizes," said Jim Bakke, president and CEO of Sub-Zero Group, Inc. "It's a great opportunity for contestants to network with like-minded professionals to exchange ideas, find inspiration for their future projects, and ultimately elevate their career."
For previous winners, the Kitchen Design Contest has served as a platform for building their network and bringing in additional business;
- "It is an incredible honor to receive validation from elite industry experts. It has led to exciting new opportunities in the field. Having Sub-Zero and Wolf associated with your name as a result of the contest gives kitchen designers the authority to position themselves as a leader in the industry. – Heidi Piron of Heidi Piron Design & Cabinetry (Summit, NJ), Regional Winner 2013-2014 Kitchen Design Contest
- "When it comes to distinguished contests, Sub-Zero and Wolf's Kitchen Design Contest is the crème de la crème. I'm amazed by how many people walk into our showroom and recognize our project, 'Mountain Bliss,' and comment on particular attributes they like about the design." – Mikal Otten of Exquisite Kitchen Design (Denver, CO), First Place Global Winner 2013- 2014 Kitchen Design Contest
Contest entries are evaluated by a panel of seven talented judges. Leaders in the industry from disciplines including architecture, interior design, and kitchen design, all demonstrate a passion for good design, a dedication to the design community, and all are previous Kitchen Design Contest winners. This year, the panel includes four returning Kitchen Design Contest judges:
- E.J. Meade of Arch 11, Inc., (Boulder, CO)
- Vasi Ypsilantis of The Breakfast Room, Ltd., (Manhasset, NY)
- Friedemann Weinhardt of Design First Interiors, (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Cristina Menezes of Arquitetura e Decoração LTDA, (Brazil)
And three newcomers join the judging panel:
- Davy Swanenberg of Culimaat High End Kitchens, (Netherlands)
- Sandra Agurto of Cabinetry Creations, Inc., (Orlando, FL)
- Stacy Eisenmann of Eisenmann Architecture, (Albany, CA)
The judges will review each kitchen and hand-select the top entries from around the world in Spring 2017. Twenty-five finalists will receive a trip for two to the Winners' Summit & Gala, to be held in Fall 2017, where the global contest winners will be announced. The exclusive Summit & Gala location will be revealed later this fall.
Sub-Zero and Wolf will award cash prizes for first and second place in each of the contemporary, transitional, and traditional design categories, as well as awarding one best first-time entry, student entry, and – new this year – small spaces kitchen and outdoor kitchen categories.
The Kitchen Design Contest will accept entries through January 31, 2017. Free and simple to enter, the contest is accessible online at www.subzero-wolf.com/contest. Submitting each entry typically takes 30 minutes or less.
Eligibility for the contest requires that all design and construction be fully completed within the contest period of January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016. Indoor kitchen designs eligible for the contest must include at least one full-size built-in or integrated Sub-Zero refrigeration unit and at least one Wolf primary cooking appliance, including ranges, rangetops, ovens and cooktops. Outdoor kitchen designs must include at least one Wolf grill in addition to one Sub-Zero refrigeration unit. Both indoor and outdoor designs require submission of a floor plan and elevation or perspective drawings, and a minimum of three color photographs of the completed design.
Since its inception in 1993, the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design Contest has become a coveted win in the professional home design category. The Kitchen Design Contest recognizes kitchen designers, architects, interior designers, builders and remodelers for advancing outstanding kitchen design.
For additional information or to enter the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design, please visit www.subzero-wolf.com/contest.