Lives evolve; kitchens need to evolve too. Are you cooking in a kitchen designed 10 or 20 years ago? Outfitting a new kitchen offers you the chance to update your appliances to match your modified cooking rituals. How might your lifestyle change in the near future?
- Will your family size change? (Is a baby on the way? Someone leaving home? One or both parents moving in?)
- Does impending retirement impact how often you'll cook or entertain?
- Do your children have families of their own?
- Will you be taking care of the grand-kids?
- Are you downsizing? Upsizing? Buying appliances for a vacation home?
"We've renovated four kitchens. It finally dawned on me: every time we bought appliances it was different because of our circumstances. The first time, it was based on our budget. The second time, it was based on how the floor plan was configured. The last time it was based on the fact we had toddlers."