KITCHEN DESIGN CONTEST FINALISTS REVEALED
Click to watch the videocast announcing the 2017-2018 KDC Finalists, get an exclusive first look at their kitchen designs, and share the news.
1st Place Contemporary KitchenNNH Residence
- Miriam Fanning - Mim Design
1st Place Traditional KitchenTradition with a Pinch of Panache
- Matthew Quinn - DESIGN GALLERIA Kitchen and Bath Studio
- Yong Pak - Pak Heydt & Associates LLC
- Lauren Deloach - Lauren Deloach Interiors (Instagram)
1st Place Transitional KitchenBlack Metal and White Plaster
- Donald Lococo - Donald Lococo Architects
2nd Place Contemporary KitchenCanadian Bay
- Kirstyn Lloyd - Maker + May
2nd Place Traditional KitchenBaltimore Row House
- Bria Hammel - Bria Hammel Interiors
2nd Place Transitional KitchenFresh Start
3rd Place Contemporary KitchenArmadale House
- Chris Connell - Chris Connell Design
3rd Place Traditional KitchenBayfront Rustic Hideaway
- Erika Powell - Urban Grace Interiors, Inc.
3rd Place Transitional KitchenB Residence
First-Time EntrantBelsize Lane
Outdoor Kitchen WinnerRénovation A+JF, Blainville
- Johanie Gariépy - Symbiose Design - Atelier de création
- Joannie Fortier - Symbiose Design - Atelier de création
- Martin Brabant - Évolution Architecture Inc.
Small Spaces KitchenCopelen Street
- Erika Lancini - Studio Lancini
Beyond the KitchenBeachfront Escape
- Catherine Zanghi - Chancey Interior Design
Student WinnerBreath of Miami – Student Winner
- Madison Ditton, Utah State University
- Rob Mills - Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors
- Heidi Piron - Heidi Piron Design & Cabinetry
- Bridget Mate - Heidi Piron Design & Cabinetry
- Dave Rosen - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
- John Cortese - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
- Tom Conway - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
- Karen Ferguson - Harrison Design
- Frank Smith - Frank Smith Residential Design, Inc.
- Kimberly Mauney - Kim Mauney Interiors
- Phil Goodwin - Goodwin Classic Homes, Inc.
- Alessandra Cipriani - Alessandra Cipriani Architetto
- Naomi Peters - McCarron and Company
- Laura Lee Samford - LLS Furniture and Interior Design (Linkedin account)
- Josh Brooks - Brooks Construction Group, LLC
- Louis Beliveau - La Firme
- Sandra Diaz-Velasco - Eolo A & I Design
- David Selden - David Selden Design
- Anna Simone - Cecconi Simone Inc.
- James Fitzpatrick - fitzpatrick+partners architects
- Christine Pokorney - Clemens Bruns Schaub Architect & Associates, P.A.
- Clemens Bruns Schaub - Clemens Bruns Schaub Architect & Associates, P.A.
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS, ELEVATE YOUR CAREER
“It’s a fantastic affirmation for us as designers and architects, but it’s also great for our clients. They’ve been very supportive and they’ll be excited for us because they’ve come along for the ride, as well. This award gives us the confidence to design on a high level and to try and work as hard as we can to make every job we do better than the one before.”
Fergus Scott | Fergus Scott Architects
“This is the best kitchen design contest in the industry. The projects are from all over the world. You meet great people and you see great design. Being exposed to other people’s work is inspiring and the entire event is just a lot of fun. To be a part of something this big is terrific.”
Mick De Giulio | de Giulio kitchen design
“Winning the KDC catapulted my business, truly. From that moment, because of Sub-Zero’s PR, and my presence on their website, it’s a new paradigm completely.”
Jean Stoffer | Jean Stoffer Design
“For me, this is a landmark moment to boost our career and continue to push forward, not only creating inspiring spaces, but to influence the community.”
Brandon LeRoy | Jackson & LeRoy
"Entering the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design Contest has changed my career in ways I never imagined, substantially and with momentum. The first time I placed as a Regional Winner was for the design of my own kitchen. This came with a certain personal and professional validation that encouraged me to apply again. The second Regional Winner award triggered inquiries to develop designs for those outside my circle, increasing my portfolio. The publicity and incoming work that followed a third award aided me in launching my architecture practice, and a fourth award delivered a stream of clients interested in investing in design. Entering the KDC has helped me to create an office that supports a team of seven with a client base that appreciates our design approach.”
Stacy Eisenmann, AIA|Eisenmann Architecture
“Winning the Kitchen Design Contest boosted my confidence and exposed me to a much broader market. I was suddenly designing kitchens for clients all around the country and internationally. The recognition also caught the attention of kitchen and bath product manufacturers and this win was the starting point of my product licensing division. All in all, this win and my relationship with Sub-Zero and Wolf since has been one of the most important game changers in my career.”
Matthew Quinn|Design Galleria Kitchen and Bath Studio, Atlanta
Build your business and elevate your career by claiming your place as one of the industry’s best. The entry process takes less than 30 minutes.
Once the entry period has closed, the judges will review each kitchen and hand-select the top entries from around the world in Spring 2019.
Global winners announced
Twenty-nine finalists and one student winner will receive a trip for two to the Winners’ Summit & Gala. Location: Charleston, South Carolina.