Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza
Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza
KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 2 pizzas
Ingredients1 1/2 cups water (105°F - 115°F)
2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Crushed tomatoes, pesto, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, cooked meat, etc.
- Position oven racks to rack position 3 and 1. Preheat Wolf electric oven in PROOF* at 90°F.
- Place water into a small bowl and add yeast. Quickly stir and set aside for five minutes to activate yeast.
- Place flour, sugar, salt and 6 tablespoons olive oil in large mixer bowl.
- Pour yeast mixture into the bowl. Using rubber scraper, combine mixture, scraping sides and bottom of the bowl often until the flour has been absorbed.
- Using mixer with dough hook, continue to knead the dough at lowest speed for 7 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half and roll each portion into a ball.
- Coat the inside of 2 medium bowls with a teaspoon olive oil. Place one ball in each bowl and place the bowls on rack 3.
- In a pie plate pour 1 cup warm water and place on rack 1 in oven.
- Close the oven door. Proof for 60 minutes.
- Prepare pizza ingredients while the dough rises**.
- After 60 minutes, check if dough has doubled in bulk. (To check if the dough has doubled in bulk, stick 2 fingers into the dough about 1 inch down and quickly remove them. If the finger indents remain, then the dough has doubled in bulk. If the finger indents disappear, then the dough still needs to rise longer.)
- Remove dough and water from oven.
- Position bakestone rack and bakestone in Wolf oven in rack position 1 (lowest position). Preheat oven in BAKESTONE at 500°F (260°C). Allow about 45 minutes for oven to preheat.
- Generously coat a work surface with flour or cornmeal. Turn out dough onto countertop. Press and gently stretch dough until it is about 14 inches in diameter.
- Slide the pizza peel under the dough and slide the dough onto the preheated stone. Bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove the dough and place on the counter. Top with ingredients and return to the oven for an additional 6 to 9 minutes, depending on the toppings.
- After removing the finished pizza, let cool on the counter for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
*If the oven doesn't have a PROOF button consult your Wolf Use and Care Guide for instructions on how to enter this mode.**Topping Combination Suggestions:
Brush one crust with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle 1/4-1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese around the edge of the crust. Top with 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano, 1/2 pound thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/4 pound shredded mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni.
Brush one crust with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle 1/4-1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese around the edge of the crust. Top with 1/2 cup pesto sauce; 1/2 cup chopped black olives; 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes; 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked mozzarella cheese and 1/4 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
Prepared pizza sauce or crushed tomatoes add a fresher, lighter flavor. To use crushed tomatoes, pour into a strainer and drain for five minutes before using. Pesto is a great substitute for red sauce.
Each 14" pizza uses between 1/4 to 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese. Thinly sliced fresh (or smoked) mozzarella adds a lighter flavor and texture. Shredded mozzarella cheese can give a brown top.