BEFORE YOU START: The cooking time using Convection Roast Mode will be approximately 10–15 minutes per pound, though the actual time depends on the temperature of the turkey before cooking.
KEEP SCREEN ON
- Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together butter and herbs, and gently tuck under the skin over the turkey breast.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a large roasting pan.
- Insert temperature probe into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Place the turkey into the oven on rack position 2.
- Plug the probe into the receptacle. Set the oven to 300°F on Convection Roast Mode and set the probe alert temperature to 180°F.
- Roast the turkey until temperature probe chimes, indicating the temperature has been reached.
- Using a secondary thermometer, double check that the internal temperature has reached 180°F in the thigh.
- Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest uncovered for 20 minutes before serving.