Before You Start
The cooking time using Convection Roast Mode will be approximately 10–15 minutes per pound, though the actual time depends on the temperature of the turkey before cooking.
1. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Mix together butter and herbs, and gently tuck under the skin over the turkey breast.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a large roasting pan.
4. Insert temperature probe into the thickest part of the thigh.
5. Place the turkey into the oven on rack position 2.
6. Plug the probe into the receptacle. Set the oven to 300°F on Convection Roast Mode and set the probe alert temperature to 180°F.
7. Roast the turkey until temperature probe chimes, indicating the temperature has been reached.
8. Using a secondary thermometer, double check that the internal temperature has reached 180°F in the thigh.
9. Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest uncovered for 20 minutes before serving.