- Which models have air filters?
- Can air filtration be added to a product?
- Is air purification available in freezers?
Built-In refrigeration units and Integrated column and tall and drawer models ID-30RP and ID-36RP are the only units that include air purification systems.
- Refer to Air Filter Location for more information.
- It is not possible to add air purification systems to previous models (600 Series, 700 Series, etc.).
- The PURE AIR key on the unit control panel activates or deactivates the air purification system.
- The air purification icon looks similar to a sheet of paper with 3 wavy lines going through it.
- If the icon is not present, the air purification system is turned off.
- If the icon is present and not flashing, the air purification system is turned on.
- If the icon is present and flashing, the air purification cartridge needs to be replaced.
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
- Replacement air purification cartridges are available for purchase through Sub-Zero’s Accessory Store.
- See also:
- The PURE AIR icon flashes signaling to replace the cartridge after about 365 days or if the cartridge bulb burns out.
- If the PURE AIR icon flashes intermittently, replace the air filter.
- The catalyst in the air purification cartridge does not wear out based on more or less ethylene gas.
- There may still be some food odor in the refrigerator even when the air filter is active.
- If the filter expires too soon only once, it could be due to a bad filter bulb.
- If the cartridge repeatedly fails prematurely, a bad filter receptacle may be the issue. Contact Factory Certified Service for repairs.
Replacing the Cartridge
- To access the air purification cartridge, grasp the outside cover from the bottom and rotate upward.
- Grasp the black cover from the top and rotate downward. The cartridge will pop out and can be removed.
- Remove the new cartridge from packaging and insert with the connector pointing downward.
- Once in position, close the black cover. Then rotate the outside cover downward until it closes against the back wall.
- Once the cartridge has been replaced, touch and hold PURE AIR on the control panel for five seconds to reset the timer.
- After replacing the air purification cartridge, press and hold the PURE AIR key on the control panel for 5 seconds to reset the timer.
- If the filter light does not clear, ensure the pad of the fingertip is used to press the button to reset the timer.
- If the light continues to flash, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- The indicator will appear in the control panel display but not flash.
No harm will be done to the Sub-Zero unit if the air filter is not replaced or not used.
- Air purification cartridges can generally be disposed at any location that accepts compact fluorescent bulbs.
- The website www.earth911.org has a list of locations that accept compact fluorescent bulbs and air filters for recycling.
- Click on "Recycling Search" link in upper right corner.
- Enter “mercury” and a zip code.
- Click search for local results.
For additional information, contact the Sub-Zero Wolf Customer Care Team at CustomerService@Subzero.com, or call (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820