- How to remove, install or replace the water filter 4204490 on a BI Sub-Zero?
- What is the replacement water filter part number for a PRO48/648PRO?
- How to replace the water filter in a 648PRO
- How to remove a non-microbiological water filter, part # 4204490 or 7012975
- Where is the water filter reset button located?
- Access the water filter by:
- Built-In (BI) or PRO48 Series unit, pull out on the bottom edge of the grille assembly, and tilt the grille frame forward.
- Integrated tall and column unit, open the refrigerator door. At the top of the interior, pull out on the bottom edge of the water filter door panel and rotate upward.
- UC-15I Undercounter Ice Maker, open the door and located the filter on the bottom left side. See Undercounter Ice Maker UC-15I Water Filter for more information.
- All other Sub-Zero models do not have internal water filters. See Sub-Zero Does Not Come with a Water Filter for details.
- To remove the old filter cartridge, rotate the cartridge counterclockwise one-quarter turn, and pull it out.
- There is water in the filter cartridge, so it is normal for a small amount to spill out.
- Remove the new filter cartridge from its packaging and carefully remove the plastic cap.
- Insert the new filter into the manifold and turn clockwise until the filter is seated.
- Built-In (BI) models: Once the filter cartridge has been replaced, press and hold the filter reset button (located to the left of the water filter) for five seconds in order to reset the water filter life monitor.
- 648PRO models: Once the filter cartridge has been replaced, the control automatically resets; the water filter life monitor and the "REPLACE FILTER" indicator will no longer be displayed.
- Integrated models: see, Integrated Reset Water Filter.
- After the new filter cartridge is installed, discard the first full bucket of ice produced. This will help clean the water system and clear air from the line. Allow 24 hours before discarding the first bucket of ice.
- For dispenser models, the water line is typically purged before connecting to the unit, however the first several glasses of water should be discarded after replacing the filter.
- If the dispenser does not work after filter replacement, see Water Dispenser Not Working
- The water filter reset button is located behind the upper grille next to the filter. Press and hold for 5 seconds to reset.
- Recycling Water Filters
- Water Filter Warranty
- Which Water Filter to Order
- Water Spraying from Filter
- Filter Needs Frequent Replacement
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820