- Why do sealed system repairs cost so much?
- The estimate for a sealed system repair is very high, why is that?
- How are repair costs calculated?
- How can I find the cost of parts?
- Sealed System labor rates.
- Costs can vary, but are generally the same throughout a region.
- Parts costs can vary from the Factory Certified Servicer to the Parts Distributor, as the Servicer would absorb the shipping costs.
- Parts sold through other retailers can not be guaranteed.
- Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
- If a sealed system repair is required, the refrigerant is recovered, the faulty component repaired or replaced, the filter-drier replaced, a vacuum pump used to evacuate any moisture, air and/or contaminants introduced into the system when the system was opened, and finally the system is recharged with the correct amount of new refrigerant.
- Repair of the sealed system can take anywhere from 45 minutes up to several hours to complete, depending on the nature of the failure.
- Replacing an evaporator is generally a less time consuming repair.
- Repairing a contaminated or restricted sealed system is the most complex repair and can take many hours.
- Special tools and training are required to perform the above repairs; therefore, sealed system repairs are the most costly repair done to any refrigeration product.
Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820