- How is the water filter bypass plug, part number 7011209, installed or removed?
- Is the by pass plug covered under warranty?
- What is the part number for the bypass plug?
Water Filter Bypass Plug Instructions (7011209) detail the installation process.
- The water filter bypass plug, part number 7011209, bypasses the water filter on Classic (Formerly Built-In) units with a push-in pull-out filter.
- Units with a twist-in filter do not need a bypass plug.
- Push-in pull-out filters have two prongs. Twist-in filters have one.
- Refer to Classic Series Bypass Water Filter.
- See Classic Water Filter Part Number to determine which filter the product uses.
- Sub-Zero's warranty does not cover the cost of the bypass plug or any related installation costs.
- Bypass plugs are installed and removed the same way as the push in, pull out filters. Press in until you hear a click, and then release.
- The bypass plug is not changed regularly and is designed to stay in place. Only remove the plug if a water filter is going to be installed in its place.
- If reverting back to using a water filter, reactivate the filter life monitor by pressing the water filter reset button five times within seven seconds.
- If water is leaking from the bypass plug, remove and inspect the plug for cracks or damage.
- Refer to Water Leaking From Water Filter for further troubleshooting.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820