- How to clean grill grates on an Outdoor Grill?
- Are there any environmentally friendly or green ways to clean Outdoor Grill grates?
- Green cleaning methods for rust on grill grates
- What is the best product to use when cleaning the Outdoor Grill?
- Grill grates rusted and chipping
- Outdoor Grill discolored
- How to clean grates on Side Burner (SB13) or Burner Module (BM13)?
To clean the Wolf Outdoor Gas Grill
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide and the Wolf Cleaning Guide.
- Do not line the drip tray with foil.
- To clean the briquette trays, refer to Outdoor Grill Briquette Trays.
For rust on grill grates, follow the cleaning recommendations below depending on cleaning solution preference:
- Vinegar and Salt
- Mix 2 cups vinegar and 1 cup salt.
- Place grill grates in a large plastic bag.
- Cover grates with solution, tie bag shut, and soak 8 hours.
- Wipe off rust with a cloth.
- Rinse with water.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Baking Soda
- Brush grill grates with a soft brush to remove most rust.
- Put the grate on the grill and sprinkle with baking soda.
- Turn on the grill to allow the baking soda to bubble and remove the rust.
- Turn off grill and let cool.
- Brush racks again with a soft brush.
- Sand Paper
- Wrap a piece of sand paper around each rung of the rusty grill grate.
- Rub up and down to remove rust.
- Proceed with caution as this will scratch the grate surface.
- After Each Use
- Use a wire brush after each use to remove rust.
- Take the grate off of the grill and use a steel wire brush.
- Flip the grate over and repeat.
- Brush between each metal rung.
- Wipe off with an old rag to remove residual rust.
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820