- Dairy compartment does not stay closed.
- Door gasket came off the dairy compartment shelf.
- How to reinstall a dairy compartment gasket.
- Why does the dairy door gasket pull loose when opening the dairy compartment?
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the door gasket of the dairy shelf compartment repeatedly comes loose:
- Ensure gasket is seated properly if recently removed for cleaning.
- Remove dairy compartment shelf from the refrigerator door.
- Let the shelf warm to room temperature.
- Apply a thin bead of general purpose, food-grade silicone to door where gasket will be seated.
- Insert gasket firmly into the gasket retainer channel.
If the dairy compartment door gasket is torn, a new gasket or a new dairy compartment shelf assembly is needed depending on model.
The gasket is magnetic, and is not intended for holding heavier items, like jelly jars.
See also, Dairy Compartment Shelf Assembly
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820