- How can I clean sticky or greasy residue off my griddle?
- What causes a gummy substance on the griddle when doing burn in with oil?
- How to season a griddle.
- Burn in process for a griddle
- What products, oils can be used to season a griddle?
- What type of oil is recommended to season the griddle?
- Oily substance on new griddle
To prevent food from sticking, season the griddle prior to initial use and after thorough griddle cleaning. This can also be referred to as a burn in process.
- Avoid using too much oil, it can cause sticking and gummy issues.
- Wolf recommends vegetable or peanut oil for seasoning because of their high smoke points.
- See also, Cooking with a Griddle.
- New units have a coat of mineral oil on the griddle surface to prevent rust and oxidation during shipping and storage. Remove the coating as per above.
- The manufacturing oil is gray in color, and may show up on a paper towel when wiping it down.
To season a griddle:
- Turn on ventilation.
- Use hot water and mild detergent to remove the protective coating.
- Rinse and dry.
- Push and turn control knob counterclockwise to 350°F (175°C) and heat for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn to OFF and allow to cool.
- While surface is warm, pour a small amount of peanut or vegetable oil on a paper towel and spread evenly.
- Push and turn control knob to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat until griddle begins to smoke, then turn to OFF and allow to cool.
- Once cool, wipe off any excess oil.
- After each use, reapply a small amount of peanut or vegetable oil on a paper towel and spread evenly.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're Standing By With Answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820