- Why is HOT illuminated on the Induction Cooktop?
- What is the purpose of the hot surface indicator light on the Induction Range?
- At what temperature does the hot surface indicator light turn on for the Induction Cooktop?
- How do you get the HOT indicator to turn off on the Induction Cooktop?
As a safety precaution, a hot surface indicator light illuminates on Induction Cooktops as a safety reminder that the cooktop surface is hot.
- The indicator can remain on even after the cooktop controls are turned off.
- The hot surface indicator illuminates if the cooktop surface temperature is above 150°F (65°C).
- On CT series cooktops, HOT illuminates on the control panel.
- On the CI series and IR Induction Range, the icon illuminates on the control panel.
- HOT remains illuminated until the entire surface temperature lowers to a safe level, even after the cooktop controls are turned off.
- Induction cooktops do not have heating elements. The burners do not glow red like electric cooktop burners.
- If the hot surface indicator light does not come on when the unit is hot:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again.
- Retest the unit operation.
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
If this does not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820