Clean Dishwasher Disposal
- How to clean your dishwasher disposal
- How to remove odors from your dishwasher disposal
Troubleshooting:If manufacturer's instructions are not available, these steps can be followed to clean the disposal:
- Run the disposal to clear any food.
- Cut a lemon or lime into quarters and put in the disposal.
- Turn the tap water on as hot as possible and run the disposal for one minute.
- Turn off the disposal and lift the rubber flaps and wipe each with a soapy cloth. Rinse.
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down disposal followed by 1/2 cup white vinegar and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Turn the tap water on as hot as possible and flush out the disposal for 30 seconds.
Cleaning the disposal can resolve dishwasher odors.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820