Sub-Zero 500 Series Temperature Control
- Change the temperatures on a 500 Series Sub-Zero
- Can the unit be turned off?
- How to disable one section of a 500 Series unit
The temperature can be adjusted on the 500 Series units.
- Turn the temperature control knob clockwise or counterclockwise to change the temperature setting.
- The higher the number, the colder the temperature.
- For a dial control, set the dial between 4 – 6 for normal temperatures. 1 is warmest, and 10 is coldest.
- A recommended setting between 4 and 6 will produce temperatures near 38°F in the refrigerator and 0°F in the freezer. See also, Sub-Zero Refrigerator and Freezer Temperature Settings.
- To turn off one or both sections of a unit, see 500 Series Manual Zone Disable.
Different models have the temperature controls in different places:
532, 542, and 561 Freezer
|The freezer control is on the freezer panel just above the ice drawer. To adjust, pull the drawer out. On the left side of the panel, turn the control dial until the desired setting appears on the panel.|
532, 542, and 561 Refrigerator
The refrigerator control is on the back wall of the refrigerator near the top right.
|511 and 550||The refrigerator and freezer controls are both on the back wall of the refrigerator near the top. The refrigerator control is on the right and the freezer control is on the left.|
|501F and 501R||The temperature control for each model is on the back wall of the unit near the top right.|
|590||The refrigerator and freezer controls are both inside the refrigerator section on the left side.|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820