648PRO Lights Flicker
- Why do the lights in a 648PRO sometimes go out and come back on?
- Clicking noise from a 648PRO with the lights turning off and on
- Does the 648PRO run a self-test by itself?
- Blinking or flickering lights in a 648PRO
- Relays clicking or clicking noise
- 648PRO turns on by itself
The 648PRO model has a self-test capability programmed into the control board. This can be initiated by a service technician through the diagnostic menu, or the unit itself runs the self-test periodically without prompting. This is a normal operation of the controls.
- During the self-test, the control board tests the functions of the board and relays.
- The lights turn off and on, as will other components such as the fans and compressors.
- Clicking noises are audible from the relays on the board closing and opening.
- The self-test takes a couple minutes and then goes back to operating normally and can happen a few times a week or even about once a day.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820