Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Drawer Opening Noise
- Classic (BI) over-and-under and French door model freezer drawer makes a clunking noise when opened
- Plastic hitting on plastic noise when freezer drawer is opened
- Why does the freezer drawer make a clunking sound when opened?
When the freezer drawer of a BI series over-and-under or French door model is opened, there may be a noticeable clunk or thud.
- This is considered normal.
- It may be possible to hear the noise twice.
- The noise is caused by the slide rail hitting the end of the slide.
- As the drawer is closed, the noise may be heard again.
- Noise will occur regardless of opening force or speed.
- Food load will not affect the noise.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820